These are books I would recommend if you’re interested in possibly taking up the practice and study of the Buddha’s teachings. If I had to choose only one? Here it’s tough. Probably Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron. But Wake Up to Your Life by Ken McLeod takes you on a deep and searching journey along the whole path.
- Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron
- Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chögyam Trungpa
- Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
- The Posture of Meditation: A Practical Manual for Meditators of All Traditions by Will Johnson
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chögyam Trungpa (not strictly a Buddhist book, but a nonsectarian path centered on Buddhist meditation by a Buddhist teacher)
- Turning the Mind into an Ally by Sakyong Mipham
- Wake Up to Your Life: Discovering the Buddhist Path of Attention by Ken McLeod
- The Wisdom of No Escape: And the Path of Loving-Kindness by Pema Chödrön
Full disclosure: all book links on this page are affiliate links. That means whenever you click on one, you’ll be taken to the relevant book page on Amazon. If you make a purchase, I receive a small commission.